Warmest wishes to all my blog and art friends. I hope your life and your heart is filled with love and joy now and in the New Year.
|donna johnson on I’m Back|
|Dawn on I’m Back|
|Denise on Wonderful weekend|
|Joe Mongan on Wonderful weekend|
|Denise on Bird swap charms|
Monday morning update:
I have never seen this much snow in the Pacific Northwest. I guess this is only appropriate for the first day of winter. I’m holding everyone who dreamt of a white Christmas personally responsible!
Update: I took the first picture this morning. The second one was taken about 5:00 PM. This snow is crazy! When will it end? We need to get back to normal!
Check out this cool post from my friend, Marci.
Here are some of the items for sale at my Etsy store.
If you need a little stocking stuffer for that hard to buy for creative person, one or more of these items would be a thoughtful gift. Or if you want a something for yourself, these little goodies are the perfect for a little guilt-free shopping therapy.
German Doll Face
Frozen Charlotte Dolls
Tin Ice Cream Spoons
The Charmsters, a charm swapping group that I belong to is holding a charity auction on eBay. The auction is for a beautiful hand crafted charm necklace. This necklace features 15 soldered, Christmas-themed charms. Each beautiful charm has been created by a member of the group. We collaborated to make a very special work of art which can be yours just in time for Christmas. You can leave the charms on the necklace as shown or remove them to be worn individually. This would be a perfect gift for someone special. All you have to do is go out and bid on the item.
One hundred percent of the sale of this special item will benefit A Place to Bark. This non-profit is a no kill foster and adoption rescue dedicated to the welfare of animals and was founded in 2001 by artist Bernie Berlin.
Please help us support Bernie’s efforts by bidding!
Here are thumbnails of the charms from the swap.
Here is a charm on the necklace but not in the swap.
Well, last night was the big Christmas Eve event… I think I forgot to mention that my nephew (the same one who has been causing issues about my daughter) insisted that we hold it at my parents’ so we didn’t have it here. Well, everyone was a little upset that he was still creating family stress up until about 6:00 PM last night. Not sure what changed his mind but they ended up making an appearance. My daughter was on her best behavior; she acted appropriately, was dressed conservatively, and acted maturely. There was minimal drama (thank God) and the kids had a great time unwrapping their gifts. We had lots of special goodies. I opened a jar of Harry & David pepper jelly and dumped it over cream cheese for spreading on crackers. Steve made a great cream of chicken soup. My sister brought her famous cookies.
I think everyone ate way too much. All in all, it was a nice evening. Today we are going back to my mom & dad’s for an extended family dinner of prime rib, baked potatoes, and all the accompanying dishes that go along with such a special meal. This is the day all my cousins and aunts and uncles on my dad’s side of the family get together. A couple of my mom’s family members usually make an appearance as well but that side of the family is so huge (there were 21 kids!) that we don’t share holidays together.
Gotta run… it’s time to get ready to leave for the big family dinner. I just looked outside and it’s snowing! A very rare occurrence for us here in the Portland area.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas full of warmth and love.
Here is a picture of my Christmas tree. It looks much better in real life.
Note: After it got dark, I realized there is a whole string of lights not working… which explains why the picture looks like there’s a large bald area across the middle. Dang… I’m not sure how to fix that.
1. Does your family send out Christmas cards?: not this year
2. How soon do you start shopping?: November
3. Who do you shop for?: Steve, Amber, the dogs, and my family
4. Do you put up a Christmas tree?: yes
5. If so, is it fake or real?: fake
6. Do you like tinsel?: no, I don’t think it’s dog-safe
7. Do you use homeade or storebought ornaments?: both
8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?: no
9. Do you put lights on the tree?: yes
10. How about popcorn and cranberries?: no… it’s hard enough to keep the nosey dogs away from the tree… if there was actually FOOD on it, it’d be impossible!
11. Is there a wreath hanging on your doo?: no
12. Do you celebrate it?: yes, it’s the best part
13. Do you hang up your stocking?: yes
14. Does your family read “Twas the night before Christmas?”: no
15. Christmas Movie: Elf
16. Character from any Christmas Movie: Buddy
17. Christmas Song: Carol of the Bells
18. Christmas Memory: midnight mass when I was growing up
This or That
19. Give or Receive?: give
20. Eggnog or Cider?: cider
21. Red or Green?: red
22. Ham or Turkey?: prime rib
23. Star or Angel?: star
24. White Lights or Colored Lights?: white
25. Blinking Lights or Still Lights:
26. Were you Naughty or Nice this year?: nice, of course 😉
27. What do you want for Christmas this year?: a new vacuum cleaner, sad but true
28. When do you open your gifts?: Christmas Eve – love sleeping in on Christmas morning
29. What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten?: Steve got me LuLu perfume last year – made me feel 20 again
30. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever gotten?: ummm… a denim poncho with red peppers painted on it
31. Who gives you the most gifts?: Steve spoils me all year long
32. Have you ever had a secret Santa?: no
33. Do you like wrapping gifts?: yes
34. Do you put change in those red buckets?: no, I donate to other causes
35. Do you burn a yule log?: no, we have a gas fireplace
36. Can you name all the reindeer?: yes: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, and of course, Rudolph
37. Do you bake cookies?: no, I can’t compete with my sister’s masterpieces
38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Claus?: no
39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?: no
40. Do you go caroling?: no
41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?: yes
42. Have you ever left Santa cookies?: yes
43. Have you ever sat on Santa’s lap?: yes
44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with?: my family
45. Where do you celebrate Christmas?: this year at my parents’ home, last year we were in Tucson
46. Have you ever had a white Christmas?: yes, but thankfully, it’s rare these days
47. What part of Christmas do you look most foward to?: the kids’ excitement
48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?: the only picture I have of me with Santa is at age 19
49. Does your family always take a picture at Christmas?: no, but we should
50. Have you ever heard the song “Thank God For Kids” by The Oakridge Boys?: um, no… not a big country music fan
Blog at WordPress.com. WP Designer.